Steamed eggs are a popular Chinese dish that is healthy, simple, and easy to make. Here’s a simple recipe for steamed eggs:
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 1/4 cups water
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and whisk them gently until they are well mixed.
- Add salt, sugar, sesame oil, and water to the bowl and stir until everything is well combined.
- Strain the egg mixture through a fine-mesh sieve to remove any lumps or bubbles.
- Pour the egg mixture into a heatproof dish, such as a ceramic or glass bowl, that will fit into your steamer.
- Cover the dish with a lid or plastic wrap.
- Bring the water in your steamer to a boil over high heat.
- Once the water is boiling, reduce the heat to medium and place the dish of eggs into the steamer.
- Cover the steamer with the lid and steam the eggs for about 10-12 minutes, or until they are set but still slightly jiggly in the center.
- Use a knife or toothpick to check the doneness by poking in the center of the eggs.
- Once the eggs are done, turn off the heat and let them sit in the steamer for a few minutes.
- Remove the dish from the steamer and serve the steamed eggs hot.