Savory Zucchini Muffins Recipe
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease 16 muffin cups or line with paper liners.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir the onion and garlic in the hot oil until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in the sun-dried tomatoes and remove from heat; transfer to a food processor. Add the zucchini and roasted red pepper to the tomato mixture; pulse the mixture several times until finely chopped.
- Stir the all-purpose flour, cornmeal, whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, pepper, basil, and oregano together in a bowl.
- In a separate large bowl, beat the butter with the sugar until fluffy using an electric mixer; beat in the eggs, one at a time. Stir in the sour cream, milk, hot pepper sauce, and 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Stir half the flour mixture into the butter mixture until almost incorporated; add the rest of the flour mixture and stir a few times just to mix. Stir in the zucchini mixture. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups until nearly full. Sprinkle each muffin cup with about 1 teaspoon of shredded Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Bake the muffins in the preheated oven until golden brown, 35 to 40 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans.