This pizza with bacon toppings recipe is a must-try for bacon lovers. The combination of crispy bacon, tangy pizza sauce, and melted mozzarella cheese is sure to tantalize your taste buds. The addition of sliced red onions and fresh basil leaves adds an extra layer of flavor to the pizza. This recipe is easy to make and perfect for a quick and satisfying meal that can be enjoyed any day of the week. So fire up your oven, grab your pizza dough, and let’s make this delicious pizza with bacon toppings.
Here’s a delicious recipe for pizza with bacon toppings:
- 1 pound pizza dough
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup cooked and crumbled bacon
- 1/4 cup sliced red onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- Olive oil for brushing
- Preheat the oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Roll out the pizza dough on a floured surface to a 12-inch diameter.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly greased pizza pan or baking sheet.
- Brush the edges of the dough with olive oil.
- Spread the pizza sauce evenly over the dough.
- Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella cheese over the pizza sauce.
- Top with cooked and crumbled bacon, sliced red onions, chopped fresh basil leaves, and red pepper flakes (if using).
- Bake the pizza in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
Enjoy your delicious pizza with bacon toppings!