Apricots, with their luscious sweetness and vibrant orange hue, are a true summer delight. Bursting with flavor and natural sweetness, they are perfect for creating a variety of delicious dishes. Whether you’re looking for a quick and healthy snack, a refreshing dessert, or a savory dinner option, apricots have got you covered. In this collection, we’ve gathered three mouthwatering easy apricot recipes that are not only need a short time to make but also guaranteed to satisfy your taste buds.
From a zesty apricot salsa to a delightful apricot and goat cheese salad and succulent apricot-glazed chicken skewers, these recipes showcase the versatility of apricots in the kitchen. So, roll up your sleeves and get ready to savor the deliciousness of fresh apricots in these delightful and easy-to-follow recipes. Your taste buds will thank you!
Fresh Apricot Salsa, Easy Apricot Recipes:
This vibrant and fruity salsa is perfect for dipping with tortilla chips or serving as a topping for grilled chicken or fish.
- 1 cup fresh apricots, diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced (adjust to your spice preference)
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl, combine the diced apricots, chopped red onion, minced jalapeño, and chopped cilantro.
- Squeeze the lime juice over the mixture and gently toss to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld before serving.
Grilled Apricot and Goat Cheese Salad:
This salad combines the sweetness of grilled apricots with the creamy tang of goat cheese for a delightful summer dish.
- 4 fresh apricots, halved and pitted
- 4 cups mixed greens
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 cup toasted almonds, chopped
- Balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- Heat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Lightly brush the apricot halves with olive oil and grill them for 2-3 minutes on each side until they have grill marks.
- Arrange the mixed greens on a serving platter.
- Place the grilled apricot halves on top of the greens.
- Sprinkle crumbled goat cheese and toasted almonds over the salad.
- Drizzle with your favorite balsamic vinaigrette dressing.
Apricot and Chicken Skewers:
These skewers are a wonderful combination of sweet and savory flavors, making them a great choice for a summer barbecue.
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 8-10 fresh apricots, pitted and halved
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- In a bowl, whisk together the olive oil, honey, minced garlic, dried thyme, salt, and pepper to create a marinade.
- Thread the chicken cubes and apricot halves alternately onto the soaked wooden skewers.
- Brush the skewers generously with the marinade.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat and lightly oil the grates.
- Grill the skewers for about 6-8 minutes per side or until the chicken is cooked through and the apricots are slightly caramelized.
- Serve the skewers hot with any remaining marinade as a dipping sauce. Enjoy!