Chicken kebab is a popular dish that originated in the Middle East and has since spread throughout the world. It is a delicious and flavorful meal made with tender pieces of chicken and a variety of colorful vegetables, marinated in a mixture of herbs and spices.
The kebabs are typically grilled over high heat, giving them a crispy exterior and a juicy, tender interior. This recipe for chicken kebab is easy to make and can be enjoyed as a main course or as a fun party appetizer. So, let’s get started and learn how to make this tasty and healthy dish!
here’s a recipe for chicken kebab:
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Soak wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes to prevent burning during cooking.
- In a large bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, salt, and black pepper.
- Add chicken, onion, and bell peppers to the bowl, and toss to coat everything evenly.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Thread chicken and vegetables onto skewers, alternating between the chicken and the vegetables.
- Grill the skewers for 10-12 minutes, turning occasionally, until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender and slightly charred.
- Serve hot with your favorite dipping sauce or tzatziki.