Indulge in a rich and decadent treat with this chocolate truffle recipe. Made with just a few simple ingredients, these truffles are creamy, silky, and melt-in-your-mouth delicious. Perfect for a special occasion or to satisfy your sweet tooth, these chocolate truffles are easy to make and customizable to your liking.
Roll them in cocoa powder, chopped nuts, or shredded coconut for an extra burst of flavor and texture. Let’s get started on this delicious recipe!
Here’s a recipe for a sweet and indulgent treat, chocolate truffles:
- 8 oz. bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder, for rolling
- Place the chopped chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl.
- In a small saucepan, heat the heavy cream over medium heat until it just comes to a boil.
- Pour the hot cream over the chopped chocolate and let it sit for 1-2 minutes to soften the chocolate.
- Using a whisk or spatula, stir the chocolate and cream mixture until the chocolate is completely melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Add the butter and stir until it is completely melted and incorporated into the chocolate mixture.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate until the mixture is firm enough to scoop, about 2 hours.
- Using a small spoon or cookie scoop, scoop out small balls of the chocolate mixture and roll them between your palms to form smooth truffles.
- Roll each truffle in the cocoa powder to coat.
- Store the truffles in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to serve.